Friday, April 24, 2009

Spring is here

A few photos from my yard, and of the Young Men and their leaders in my neighborhood who came last night to dig grass out of my flower beds. Yahoo! They were awesome!


What a neglected mess this front step area is. All my flower beds were like that.


A wine barrel full of tulips that I planted last year. I sure am loving the "container garden" concept where I don't have to bend over to weed them.


Yellow tulips beside the front aspen trees


Whitney crab apple tree blossums in the front yard


Ross Maxfield and Young Men at work


Yikes! Look how big that tree root is that was pulled up from around the corner of the house.


The totally awesome Young Mens' crew

Next part of the project is to get my vegetable garden grow boxes built, and haul in a pickup load of good topsoil.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Ooh, the flowers are looking great! I can't wait to start seeing some signs of spring around here. The days are definitely getting warmer, but I'm ready for some color!

Good 'ol Young Men! I see the Thunnell boys were in town, spring break, I guess? Whatcha gonna plant in your garden this year?

Lois Ann said...

Already have tomatoes ready to go in the ground (a couple into a container instead) - some salad bar size, one called Fourth of July and should have tomatoes ready to eat by then,and waiting for those Heartland tomatoes (I call them George Strait tomatoes).

will put in Raspberries, maybe some beans, for sure only one Zuccini. Others as I think of them.

Becky in Wyo said...

Way to go young men!!!!!

Yep, wish there was color in my yard, too, but I've learned through sad experience that I don't have a green thumb, so I'm just going to focus this year on getting grass to grow in my back yard.