Sunday, December 13, 2009

Slushy snow this week...

Last week the outdoor temperature at night was close to zero, making the snow cruchy to walk in. Today, the thermometer is hovering about 32 degrees, so we have slushy snow. There was some rain early this morning, and then snow when I got home from church - coming down so fast that I just barely got the car swept off and quickly into the garage - did I really just sweep the top of the car?

Notice that the gutters are running full of water, especially after the snow plow came through
good thing those snow boots are rubberized :-). Another 4-5 inches forecast for tonight

Then a bit later in the afternoon, the snow quit and here came the Mower Snow Removal Team - my neighbor and three of his sons... I am so grateful they have "adopted" me and my driveway.



attacking the driveway




attacking the slushy "river bank"

1 comment:

Becky in Wyo said...

It's wonderful to have such great neighbors!